Strategic Grants Programme
From 2000 to 2016 the Strategic Grants Programme offered large grants to projects which had a long-lasting, strategic impact on the DCT area.
The Strategic Grants Programme was for established organisations with a strong track record that were able to demonstrate strategic thinking and working, in terms of benefit to the DCT area and wider sector.
Some of the features the Trust looked for in a strong proposal to the Strategic Grant Fund were:
- Partnership working and the development of networks
- Developing infrastructure in terms of working with other organisations to improve the quality of
- service delivery both within the organisation and wider, for example through sharing good practice and knowledge
- Building capacity within the organisation
- Increasing the sustainability of the organisation and its work
The Trust was particularly interested in supporting joint applications from local organisations working together.
Grants of up to £30,000 per year for up to three years were awarded to strategic projects under the following Themes:
- Employment and/or Training
- Community Safety
- Community Cohesion
In recent years, in light of developments across the DCT area, the Trustees encouraged applications that respond to the changing social and physical environment. For example, community cohesion projects that brought together new and existing residents, or projects that supported the wellbeing of residents living in areas with a high level of construction/building development.
For further information on the Strategic Grants Fund: